It is a fact that playing games on your iPhones and iPads have now become the easiest thing; and for this, many thanks to the Appstore. But if you are of the right age, then nothing can be a better experience than playing games on a Playstation console. With the availability of classics like Crash bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Tomb Raider etc, the thought of playing such games on the iPhone or iPad has made us really happy.
Well, it cannot be denied that if you are having a jailbroken device, it won’t be difficult to play the same PlayStation games on your iDevice. The games can be completely recreated through the RetroArch Playstation Emulator.
Play console games by installing PlayStation Emulator on iOS 9.2.1- 9.3 using RetroArch
Though the download and installation of RetroArch needs good technical knowledge, still do not worry. In this article we have covered all the necessary information required for the overall process. You need to remember that since there are no jailbreaks available for iOS 9.1; you need to be on iOS 9 to iOS 9.0.2. Also the device must be jailbroken before you install Playstation games on your iDevice. Once you have RetroArch, you shall be able to pay any classic games of PlayStation.
Guide How to Download and Install RetroArch PlayStation Emulator on iOS 9.2.1 – 9.3
1. The first step is to launch Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice and then tap on Sources.
2. Within the sources tab, click on -> Edit and -> Add.
3. Then you have to add the repository of -> buildbot.libretro.com/repo/cydia.
4. Click on -> add source and then wait for it to finish.
5. Once the source has been added and Cydia has completed reloading, you have to go onto the search tab and then type RetroArch and select -> RetroArch
6. When you find the app, install it.
7. once installation is completed, return to cydia
8. Tap on Search, and initiate a new search for Automatic SSH and install it.
This part is for the installation of RetroArch on iOS; but it has been observed that most of times, this app cannot be used properly yet. For configuring the app, you need to do these following steps.
1. You need to launch the RetroArch and then select online updater.
2. Now, Select and Update GLSL shaders, wait untill the process is completed.
3. Tap Update Overlays and wait for completion of updation.
4. Tap Update Databases and again, wait for it to complete.
5. Tap Update Autoconfig Profiles and wait for it finish.
6. Next, tap Update Assets and wait untill it is completed.
7. Now, tap Update Core Info Files.
8. When that is finished, tap Core Updater.
9. After completion of all above steps now, Select Playstation PCSX ReARMed) [Interpreter].
10. Press back twice and select Load Core. After that, tap on the Playstation PCSX ReARMed) [Interpreter] option once again and you are completely done.
Then, copy the custom ROMS of your favourite PS games, to your iPhone/iPad running iOS 9/9.0.2. Move ROMs [ROMS can be obtained via a manual RIP or from the internet] to the /var/mobile/documents directory within your device. This makes it easy for RetroArch to detect and find the ROMs. After copying ROMs, follow the steps below:
1. Open RetroArch Application
2. Select Load Content -> Select File
3. Now, Select /var/mobile/documents directory and select what game you want to play.
4. Flip your device into landscape orientation and enjoy the game!
And that’s it, you’re done! Now enjoy Playstation games on your iPhone /iPad.