Apple tries to give its users a chance to experience a consistent iMessaging service, but sometimes, setting up and actuating iMessage is rarely easy. Users have been bombarded with “Waiting for Activation” errors on their iPhones and it can easily frustrate anyone. Thus we’re offering some useful tips and tricks on how to resolve the “Waiting for Activation” iMessage error.
How to Fix “Waiting for Activation” iMessage Error on iPhone running iOS 8.x to 9.x and above
The following techniques would therefore help:-
1. Contact Your Carrier
Above all else ensure that your carrier is iMessage supportive. Some iphones have been known to have restrictions for iMessage blocks as well as filters imposed on instant messages.
2. Flight Mode
As interesting as it sounds, might be you ought to attempt this technique if nothing else works. Much as it sounds basic, it has been among the things that actually could work. Simply;
1. Go to Settings → scroll and tap on Messages and deactivate iMessage . Also, make sure that FaceTime is incapacitated
2. Turn on the Airplane mode. Wifi will be turned off consequently. Turn it back on.
3. Head back to Messages and turn-on iMessage.
4. A prompt for your Apple ID (for notification purposes) in the event that you have not included it yet will be presented.
5. Go back to Settings and turn off Airplane mode.
6. A prompt warning you that you may incur charges on text will appear. Tap on OK
7. If it does not appear, go to Messages, turn iMessage off and on again.
8. iMessage should be activated shortly.
9. You will see a gray number and an email ID. Somewhat later, the number ought to be checked and you will be done.
Apple ID Sign-out, Sign-in
In some instances, you simply need to sign-out of your Apple ID and login once more by doing the following;
Under Settings, Message, tap on ‘Send and Receive‘.
1. Tap on the Apple ID and tap on Sign Out.
2. Switch off iMessage.
3. Wait a while and switch ON.
4. Enter your Apple ID credentials and reactivate.
Reset, or Restore
In the event that things do not work, you should try to reset your area settings, then the iPhone. After the reset, you will only login with your Apple ID and set up iMessage afresh. Should this come up short, you may need to restore the iPhone’s factory settings or from a backup.
Before trying out any of these techniques, ensure that:-
1. In the Phone application your number is recorded. It is usually the first on your contacts. If not, go to Settings -> Phone -> My Number and enter your number.
2. The date and time are okay
3. Likewise ensure you have a working system such as Wi-fi.
For a few clients, the message conveyed for activation may incur charges. Make sure you have an adequate sum to send them. We hope this solves your iMessage activation errors; please be sure to let others know if the above steps work for you.