Before smartphones and tablets were even in the market, Nintendo’s Game Boy and DS handheld gaming consoles were the most popular among people of all ages. Now these consoles have been discontinued and most people use their iPhones or iPads for portable gaming. iOS Developers have made apps to emulate the Nintendo Game Boy and DS to play the old games on iOS 9.3 iPhone and iPad. This guide will give you a step-by-step process on how to download GBA4iOS ROM to iOS 9.3.
What is the use of Download GBA4iOS ROMs on iPhone or iPad?
GBA4iOS is the best app to play the old Game Boy Advance games on your iOS 9.3 iPhone or iPad. There is not a single emulator or app available in the App Store that has this functionality. So, downloading GBA4iOS ROM on your iOS device and installing it gives you the ability to play classic games that you once played on your GBA or GBS.
Advantages of downloading and installing GBA4iOS emulator ROM on iPhone or iPad
1. The main advantage of GBA4iOS is that it does not require jailbreak.
2. It is very easy to install.
3. You can download all the ROMs of Game Boy Advance games from within the app and
4. You can backup all of your games and save games to your Dropbox account so that they don’t get lost when you reset or change your device.
The only disadvantage of GBA4iOS is that it currently only supports till iOS 8 and it is difficult for people who are using iOS 9 till iOS 9.3 to get GBA4iOS. If you follow this guide, you will be playing all the Game Boy Advance classics on iOS 9.3 in no time.
There are two alternatives to download GBA4iOS namely NDS4iOS for playing Nintendo DS games and EMU4iOS which includes both the GBA4iOS, NDS4iOS apps along with some other apps. We have also covered how to download NDS4iOS app on your iOS 9 devices. Take a look at it if you want to install it.
Download GBA4iOS ROM on iPhone
Here is the step-by-step guide to download GBA4iOS:
1. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is updated to iOS 9.3. You can see the iOS version by going to Settings -> General -> About -> Version.
2. Before downloading GBA4iOS, set your iPhone’s or iPad’s at least one day by going to Settings > General > Date & Time.
3. On your iPhone or iPad, open Safari web browser and go to this link http://iemulators.com/gba4ios
4. Make sure that you use Safari, because it can easily install GBA4iOS through this link.
5. Tap on the “GBA4iOS 2.1” button, then tap on “Install” in the popup.
6. If your device shows you an “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” error, then go to Settings -> General -> Profile -> Select GBA4iOS emulator profile -> Trust Certificate and then repeat the above steps from step 3.
7. After the above mentioned steps, the app will start to install and will take a little time.
8. After GBA4iOS is downloaded, open the app once and then go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time and rest your date back to the current one.
9. If GBA4iOS fails to open, attempt step 8 again.
Adding games on GBA4iOS on iPhone or iPad after installing it
Once you have followed the above-mentioned steps, GBA4iOS will be installed on your iOS 9.3 iPhone or iPad without jailbreak. To add a game to GBA4iOS follow these steps:
1. Launch GBA4iOS.
2. Tap on the plus icon on the top right corner of the main screen to open the in-app web browser.
3. Open the ROM website of your choice.
4. If you don’t know any ROM website, go to this one: http://www.emuparadise.me/
5. From the website you have opened, download your desired Gameboy, Gameboy Color or Gameboy Advance game.
6. Once a game is downloaded, it will appear on the main screen of GBA4iOS.
7. Tap on the game to launch it and enjoy.
Congratulations, now you have the GBA4iOS app without jailbreaking your iOS 9.3 iPhone, iPad. Now you can play all those games that you used to play in your childhood on your Nintendo Gameboy on your iPhone or iPad.